A rising emcee whose musical influences transcend regional divides, $tat has made a name for himself as part of Harlem hip-hop collective Primemen. The Booth's introduction to the unsigned spitter, however, comes in the form of his latest solo project, the Made in '88 mixtape.
The artist's fifth street album in total, the set finds Stat reflecting on the year of his birth in 13 original tracks, none of which have previously been featured on our pages. It comes on the heels of buzzworthy lead single "I Get..."
AV, Best Kept, Chill, Peso, Smidrin, Stocks & Bonds make guest appearances on the set, which boasts boardwork by Cooarri, Crookbydabook, Digital Beatz and Mike Mullah.
Written by richard on May 20, 2014
Submit your Rating
This is the only feature on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.