A rising emcee whose musical influences transcend regional divides, $tat has made a name for himself as part of Harlem hip-hop collective Primemen. The Booth's introduction to the unsigned spitter, however, comes in the form of his latest solo project, the Made in '88 mixtape.
The artist's fifth street album in total, the set finds Stat reflecting on the year of his birth in 13 original tracks, none of which have previously been featured on our pages. It comes on the heels of buzzworthy lead single "I Get..."
AV, Best Kept, Chill, Peso, Smidrin, Stocks & Bonds make guest appearances on the set, which boasts boardwork by Cooarri, Crookbydabook, Digital Beatz and Mike Mullah.
Stream Made in '88
Submit your Rating
This is the only feature on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.