Atlanta production collective, SMKA, blocked out 882 Studios for four days, and invited many of Atlanta’s most talented and progressive hip-hop artists to hang out, and make music. The result is The Hang Out, a two-part compilation featuring more than 50 different artists on 20 original records produced entirely by SMKA producers 808 Blake, Kato and Justin Padron.
Part 1 features lead single Good Life and vocal work from the likes of Playboy Tre, Spree Wilson, Jackie Chain, Aleon Craft, Scotty and many more. Enjoy, and keep an ear out for Part 2, set to drop Monday, April 30.
Fans can also check out SMKA's previous albums: Super Market Knife Attack - The Best of 2012 Instrumentals | Various Artists - Stankonia Sessions: A3C Edition | SMKA Presents: A Kato Production
Stream The Hang Out: Part 1
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deer Mama" (2010)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.