In the years since "I Love College," Asher Roth has evolved into a unique lyricist with some serious mic skills. Boston's Sammy Adams first broke through with "I Hate College," a response to Roth's joint, and now he, too, has begun to reveal his hidden depths. On free album Wizzy, presented by DJ JayCeeOh, the Sony/RCA recording artist showcases a conscious lyrical style that's worlds away from the party tracks of his past.
Heralded by reader-approved lead single "Loser," the 11-track project finds Sammy joined on the mic by the likes of Jared Evan, Ea$y Money and Collie Budz. Beats come courtesy of Dem Jointz, Disclosure, Jaylien West, OCKF, Scram Jones, Supadups, Statik Selektah, Vinylz and Wizzy.
Released digitally on Tuesday, June 2, Wizzy is available for streaming and download right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on Jun 02, 2014
Submit your Rating
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.