In the years since "I Love College," Asher Roth has evolved into a unique lyricist with some serious mic skills. Boston's Sammy Adams first broke through with "I Hate College," a response to Roth's joint, and now he, too, has begun to reveal his hidden depths. On free album Wizzy, presented by DJ JayCeeOh, the Sony/RCA recording artist showcases a conscious lyrical style that's worlds away from the party tracks of his past.
Heralded by reader-approved lead single "Loser," the 11-track project finds Sammy joined on the mic by the likes of Jared Evan, Ea$y Money and Collie Budz. Beats come courtesy of Dem Jointz, Disclosure, Jaylien West, OCKF, Scram Jones, Supadups, Statik Selektah, Vinylz and Wizzy.
Released digitally on Tuesday, June 2, Wizzy is available for streaming and download right here in The DJBooth.
Submit your Rating
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.