In the years since "I Love College," Asher Roth has evolved into a unique lyricist with some serious mic skills. Boston's Sammy Adams first broke through with "I Hate College," a response to Roth's joint, and now he, too, has begun to reveal his hidden depths. On free album Wizzy, presented by DJ JayCeeOh, the Sony/RCA recording artist showcases a conscious lyrical style that's worlds away from the party tracks of his past.
Heralded by reader-approved lead single "Loser," the 11-track project finds Sammy joined on the mic by the likes of Jared Evan, Ea$y Money and Collie Budz. Beats come courtesy of Dem Jointz, Disclosure, Jaylien West, OCKF, Scram Jones, Supadups, Statik Selektah, Vinylz and Wizzy.
Released digitally on Tuesday, June 2, Wizzy is available for streaming and download right here in The DJBooth.
Submit your Rating
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)