Originally published in the 1880s, Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn became one of the undisputed classics of American literature despite numerous attempts over the years to ban it. Sam Lachow's Huckleberry LP is unlikely to stir up that kind of controversy, but it just might go down in history as one of 2014's dopest indie releases.
The Seattle rhymesayer's second full-length in total (It follows 2011's Brand New Bike.), the project was funded entirely by Lachow's fans, through a successful Kickstarter campaign. Reader-acclaimed singles "Banana Goo Pie," "King Lear," "Dreams of Gold" and "Action Figures" are just four of many bangers to be found on the set, which features 15 original cuts along with two bonus tracks. Ariana DeBoo, Gifted Gab, Raz Simone, Ryan Campbell and Watsky (to name just a few) make guest appearances throughout. In addition to beats by the artist himself, it includes production by John Martin and Maggie Brown.
Following its release this Friday, August 1, Huckleberry will be available for full, free streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on Jul 31, 2014
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.