Originally published in the 1880s, Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn became one of the undisputed classics of American literature despite numerous attempts over the years to ban it. Sam Lachow's Huckleberry LP is unlikely to stir up that kind of controversy, but it just might go down in history as one of 2014's dopest indie releases.
The Seattle rhymesayer's second full-length in total (It follows 2011's Brand New Bike.), the project was funded entirely by Lachow's fans, through a successful Kickstarter campaign. Reader-acclaimed singles "Banana Goo Pie," "King Lear," "Dreams of Gold" and "Action Figures" are just four of many bangers to be found on the set, which features 15 original cuts along with two bonus tracks. Ariana DeBoo, Gifted Gab, Raz Simone, Ryan Campbell and Watsky (to name just a few) make guest appearances throughout. In addition to beats by the artist himself, it includes production by John Martin and Maggie Brown.
Following its release this Friday, August 1, Huckleberry will be available for full, free streaming in The DJBooth.
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.