In anticipation of its retail release next Wednesday, October 16, Tacoma emcee Rockwell Powers and producer/vocalist DJ Phinisey are offering their BUILD LP as a free, exclusive stream in The DJBooth.
The collaborators' first full-length album as a duo, the project packs a total of 12 original tracks, including reader-approved singles "Gone," "TWO SIDES" and "Radio." Aaron Stevens, Cruel (of The Breaklites), Emily Ann Peterson, Grace Sullivan, Jay Barz, Jessie Anne Fouts, Micah B., RA Scion, Tad Monroe and Xperience make guest appearances throughout the set, which is produced in full by Phinisey.
Related Songs & Features
Rockwell Powers and DJ Phinisey‘s collaborative debut album, BUILD, was unleashed back in fall of 2013, but the Tacoma emcee and his West Coast-repping colleague aren’t quite done promoting the set. Today, the...
It’s cliché, but true: there are TWO (or more) SIDES to every story. Take Rockwell Powers and DJ Phinisey‘s latest single, for example. In addition to being a collaboration between two talents from opposite sides...
These days, hip-hop Radio receives a bad rap, especially from emcees and heads of the underground persuasion. You won’t catch Rockwell Powers badmouthing the airwaves, though; disenchanted as the Tacoma native may be...
Last we heard from Rockwell Powers and DJ Phinisey, on a reader-approved single off the latter’s self-titled LP, they were “sittin’ on Top of the World,” reveling in the success they’d achieved in the...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.