Rap icons and longtime friends and collaborators Busta Rhymes and Q-Tip (of A Tribe Called Quest) have released their collaborative mixtape, The Abstract & The Dragon.
The 28-track set is a combination of brand new material (see "Thank You" and “Butch & Sundance”) and classics from each of the artists' catalogs, including "Scenario" and "Vivrant Thing." Additionally, Rhymes previews a selection from his forthcoming album ELE 2, entitled "Pardon My Ways."
Fans of both artists, and in particular fans of the Golden age hip-hop, are in for a real treat.
Written by DJ Z on Dec 12, 2013
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Wanna (Mick Boogie Remix)" (2006)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.