The name PJ Morton might be new to some, but the man has been a part of the music industry for years. The son of gospel singer Paul S. Morton, PJ received his first big break when he joined pop-rock band Maroon 5 as a stand-in keyboardist/vocalist in 2010. Shortly thereafter the artist/songwriter/producer was courted by rap label giant Cash Money, who inked the versatile Morton to a solo record deal. Now, several years later, the Louisiana native has released his major label debut, an ode to the city that raised him, New Orleans.
Included on the 11-track album, which is available in a deluxe format with two bonus tracks, are previously-featured, Booth-approved singles "Lover," "Only One" and "Work It Out." New Orleans is produced in full by Morton himself, while guest accompaniment includes bandmate Adam Levine, Busta Rhymes, Lil Wayne, Stevie Wonder and Tweet.
Featured Songs From This Album
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.