The name PJ Morton might be new to some, but the man has been a part of the music industry for years. The son of gospel singer Paul S. Morton, PJ received his first big break when he joined pop-rock band Maroon 5 as a stand-in keyboardist/vocalist in 2010. Shortly thereafter the artist/songwriter/producer was courted by rap label giant Cash Money, who inked the versatile Morton to a solo record deal. Now, several years later, the Louisiana native has released his major label debut, an ode to the city that raised him, New Orleans.
Included on the 11-track album, which is available in a deluxe format with two bonus tracks, are previously-featured, Booth-approved singles "Lover," "Only One" and "Work It Out." New Orleans is produced in full by Morton himself, while guest accompaniment includes bandmate Adam Levine, Busta Rhymes, Lil Wayne, Stevie Wonder and Tweet.
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.