The name PJ Morton might be new to some, but the man has been a part of the music industry for years. The son of gospel singer Paul S. Morton, PJ received his first big break when he joined pop-rock band Maroon 5 as a stand-in keyboardist/vocalist in 2010. Shortly thereafter the artist/songwriter/producer was courted by rap label giant Cash Money, who inked the versatile Morton to a solo record deal. Now, several years later, the Louisiana native has released his major label debut, an ode to the city that raised him, New Orleans.
Included on the 11-track album, which is available in a deluxe format with two bonus tracks, are previously-featured, Booth-approved singles "Lover," "Only One" and "Work It Out." New Orleans is produced in full by Morton himself, while guest accompaniment includes bandmate Adam Levine, Busta Rhymes, Lil Wayne, Stevie Wonder and Tweet.
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.