It should come as no surprise that Pharrell Williams is looking to follow-up on his super successful 2013, with an even better 2014. His first step in that direction is the release of his long-overdue sophomore solo album, G I R L.
Included on the 10-track LP is Academy Award-nominated single "Happy," which was first released as a part of the Despicable Me 2 soundtrack. Special guests are limited to Alicia Keys, Justin Timberlake and Miley Cyrus. In an unprecedented move for a pop album, Williams enlisted prolific film composer Hans Zimmer to assist with the string arrangements. Their collaborative history dates back to the middle of 2013, when Zimmer brought Williams on board to help score "The Amazing Spider-Man 2."
The follow-up to '06's In My Mind is now available for digital purchase via Columbia Records.
Written by DJ Z on Mar 03, 2014
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It Up" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.