Los Angeles emcee and producer Paris Jones has come together with The DJBooth to bring fans his latest street release, the August EP.
The eighth in a series of 12 monthly EPs that Jones plans to release over the course of the year (Its predecessors, January, February, March, April, May, June and July are also available for download in the Booth), the project features five brand new songs (including "Above The Water") from Paris Jones, as well as one bonus track.
Regarding the project, the artist states, "This EP was the hardest to make because I knew it was for this time in particular. Things are so heavy right now... [T]his EP is for the marchers/protesters. It sounds like a soulful, experimental, jazz influenced, hip-hop driven, indie cultivated, socially aware musician made it."
If you're feeling the EPs so far, then you're sure to appreciate the material Jones is fixing to serve up on his next album, SHAKERS. Click here to pre-order the forthcoming set.
Stream August EP
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.