Los Angeles emcee and producer Paris Jones has come together with The DJBooth to bring fans his latest street release, the August EP.
The eighth in a series of 12 monthly EPs that Jones plans to release over the course of the year (Its predecessors, January, February, March, April, May, June and July are also available for download in the Booth), the project features five brand new songs (including "Above The Water") from Paris Jones, as well as one bonus track.
Regarding the project, the artist states, "This EP was the hardest to make because I knew it was for this time in particular. Things are so heavy right now... [T]his EP is for the marchers/protesters. It sounds like a soulful, experimental, jazz influenced, hip-hop driven, indie cultivated, socially aware musician made it."
If you're feeling the EPs so far, then you're sure to appreciate the material Jones is fixing to serve up on his next album, SHAKERS. Click here to pre-order the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on Aug 29, 2014
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.