The music industry is a forever-changing beast, but the dynamic of a rap group has always stayed the same. No matter how much success or acclaim a bunch of emcees achieve together, there will always be individual group members who seek out the solo spotlight. Enter underground hip hop crew PAC DIV. While the group's path the past five plus years has been a twisty turvy ride, including a short stint at former label home Universal Motown, original member Michael "MiBBs" Stevenson has practiced perseverance, staying true to his artistic beliefs and striving toward the release of a solo endeavor.
Last summer, that dream was realized with debut offering FREEBASS, a free collaborative effort with producer Scoop DeVille. Fast forward almost exactly seven months, the Cali native has re-released the EP, now dubbed FREEBASSkg and available for sale at iTunes, which includes Booth-approved lead single "SUPWITHAT" and two brand new songs ("Mr. Knowitall" and "Off Top").
The 7-track FREEBASSkg is available for digital purchase via RBC Records.
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.