Six years after the release of 2006's Made in Brooklyn, founding Wu Tang member Masta Killa has unleashed his third solo studio album, Selling My Soul. The project is inspired by the artist's conception of art as self-revelation; explaining the title, he states, "Anything from the inner self is a part of the soul. I put my soul into my music, and I’m in the business of selling it." Preceded by reader-approved singles "R U Listening" and "Food," the set also features a guest appearance by West Coast vet Kurupt and a tribute to the late ODB. Notable producers include 9th Wonder, Inspectah Deck, Mathematics, Mediate Soul and P.F. Cuttin.
Fans can also check out Masta Killa's previous albums: HaLo - Mansu Musa (Guest Starring Masta Killa)
Written by richard on Dec 11, 2012
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"R U Listening" (2012)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.