Most recording artists never release a debut album. Those who are lucky enough to release a debut usually fail in an attempt to make it to a second release. And so on and so forth. Simply put, longevity is an extremely rare occurrence in the music business. If you're in search of a shining example of true staying power, however, look no further than 24 year veteran Mariah Carey, who has unleashed her fourteenth album, Me I Am Mariah: The Elusive Chanteuse.
Included on the 15-track full-length (the deluxe version boasts four additional tracks), her first since trading places between label homes Island and Def Jam, are previously-releases singles "#Beautiful," "The Art of Letting Go" and "You're Mine (Eternal)."
As always, Miss. Mimi doesn't mess around when it comes to her collaborators, enlisting the assistance of Fabolous, Mary J. Blige, Miguel, Nas, R. Kelly and Wale, while production is handled by longtime collaborator and close friends Bryan-Michael Cox, Jermaine Dupri, Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, and others.
Me I Am Mariah: The Elusive Chanteuse is available for stream via iTunes Radio.
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.