Last fall's Strange Rhythm, featured for streaming and download in the Booth, introduced Minneapolis buzzmaker MaLLy to a wider audience, cementing his status as a Midwestern rhymesayer to watch. With the follow-up, The Colors of Black, he introduces fans to a darker side of his sound and lyrical style.
In 12 tracks' worth of new material (plus three bonus cuts), including audacious lead single "Hold My Tongue" and the reader-acclaimed "City of Fear," the artist born Malik Watkins will explore the path his life would might have taken, had he never picked up the mic. K.Raydio, Rapper Hooks and Slug (of Atmosphere) join MaLLY on the mic throughout the set, which is entirely produced by Last Word.
The DJBooth is now offering a free, full stream along with a digital purchase option via iTunes.
Fans can also check out MaLLy's previous albums: MaLLy - Strange Rhythm
Stream The Colors of Black
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My People" (2009)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.