Last fall's Strange Rhythm, featured for streaming and download in the Booth, introduced Minneapolis buzzmaker MaLLy to a wider audience, cementing his status as a Midwestern rhymesayer to watch. With the follow-up, The Colors of Black, he introduces fans to a darker side of his sound and lyrical style.
In 12 tracks' worth of new material (plus three bonus cuts), including audacious lead single "Hold My Tongue" and the reader-acclaimed "City of Fear," the artist born Malik Watkins will explore the path his life would might have taken, had he never picked up the mic. K.Raydio, Rapper Hooks and Slug (of Atmosphere) join MaLLY on the mic throughout the set, which is entirely produced by Last Word.
The DJBooth is now offering a free, full stream along with a digital purchase option via iTunes.
Fans can also check out MaLLy's previous albums: MaLLy - Strange Rhythm
Written by richard on Apr 07, 2014
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My People" (2009)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.