Last fall's Strange Rhythm, featured for streaming and download in the Booth, introduced Minneapolis buzzmaker MaLLy to a wider audience, cementing his status as a Midwestern rhymesayer to watch. With the follow-up, The Colors of Black, he introduces fans to a darker side of his sound and lyrical style.
In 12 tracks' worth of new material (plus three bonus cuts), including audacious lead single "Hold My Tongue" and the reader-acclaimed "City of Fear," the artist born Malik Watkins will explore the path his life would might have taken, had he never picked up the mic. K.Raydio, Rapper Hooks and Slug (of Atmosphere) join MaLLY on the mic throughout the set, which is entirely produced by Last Word.
The DJBooth is now offering a free, full stream along with a digital purchase option via iTunes.
Fans can also check out MaLLy's previous albums: MaLLy - Strange Rhythm
Stream The Colors of Black
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My People" (2009)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.