Last fall's Strange Rhythm, featured for streaming and download in the Booth, introduced Minneapolis buzzmaker MaLLy to a wider audience, cementing his status as a Midwestern rhymesayer to watch. With the follow-up, The Colors of Black, he introduces fans to a darker side of his sound and lyrical style.
In 12 tracks' worth of new material (plus three bonus cuts), including audacious lead single "Hold My Tongue" and the reader-acclaimed "City of Fear," the artist born Malik Watkins will explore the path his life would might have taken, had he never picked up the mic. K.Raydio, Rapper Hooks and Slug (of Atmosphere) join MaLLY on the mic throughout the set, which is entirely produced by Last Word.
The DJBooth is now offering a free, full stream along with a digital purchase option via iTunes.
Fans can also check out MaLLy's previous albums: MaLLy - Strange Rhythm
Stream The Colors of Black
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My People" (2009)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.