Last fall's Strange Rhythm, featured for streaming and download in the Booth, introduced Minneapolis buzzmaker MaLLy to a wider audience, cementing his status as a Midwestern rhymesayer to watch. With the follow-up, The Colors of Black, he introduces fans to a darker side of his sound and lyrical style.
In 12 tracks' worth of new material (plus three bonus cuts), including audacious lead single "Hold My Tongue" and the reader-acclaimed "City of Fear," the artist born Malik Watkins will explore the path his life would might have taken, had he never picked up the mic. K.Raydio, Rapper Hooks and Slug (of Atmosphere) join MaLLY on the mic throughout the set, which is entirely produced by Last Word.
The DJBooth is now offering a free, full stream along with a digital purchase option via iTunes.
Fans can also check out MaLLy's previous albums: MaLLy - Strange Rhythm
Stream The Colors of Black
Related Songs & Features
Nationally, Minnesota is best known for being really f**king cold. But frostbite is by no means the scariest thing lurking in the streets of Minneapolis. If you cross MaLLY or a member of his circle, you’ll quickly...
In the classic Christmas flick It’s a Wonderful Life, a hopeless man played by Jimmy Stewart is on the verge of ending it all when he’s stopped by an angel, who shows him how grim his neighbors’ lives would...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My People" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)