Having carved out his niche singing background vocals for Tyrese and penning records for the likes of Keri Hilson and Chris Brown, Luke James laid the foundations for his burgeoning solo career with acclaimed mixtapes #Luke and Whispers in the Dark.
Now, the New Orleans native builds on that sturdy foundation with the release of his self-titled major-label debut album. The Rick Ross-assisted "Options" and reader-approved follow-up single "Dancing in the Dark" serve as a taste of the entire body of work, while three additional bonus cuts will be included on the 12-track set's deluxe edition.
In addition to beats by James and his mentor, Danja, the LP packs production from The Alliance, Kadis & Sean and Salaam Remi.
Written by richard on Sep 23, 2014
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Want You" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.