The G-Unit label has a knack for pushing back its release dates. Lloyd Banks sophomore effort,...
Fans can also check out Lloyd Banks's previous albums: Lloyd Banks - All or Nothing Vol. 1: Failure’s No Option | Lloyd Banks - V6: The Gift | Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2
DJBooth Album Review
Plan B began shortly after the start of August when the Eminem produced, Hands Up (featuring 50 Cent), was confirmed as the new single. A solid choice by A&R, as it is the clear cut best of the 16 cut bunch. Solid production from top to bottom help the album move along as 9th Wonder, Havoc, Needlz and Ron Browz all make their mark; additionally, the many features (Scarface, 8Ball, Musiq Soulchild) don't detour from the overall flow of the album.
The key differences between Rotten Apple, and its predecessor Hunger For More, are the overall energy level and the delays. On Banks first go around, DJs blasted party favorites like On Fire, I'm So Fly, Playboy and the sultry remix to Karma featuring Avant. Other than the current single, Rotten Apple doesn't offer the same amount of high energy bangers. Subsequently, the label is now left to wonder what would have been if their decision on a lead single was different from the jump off.
DJBooth Rating - 3 Spins
Written by DJ Z on Oct 17, 2006
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.