Fresh off making his return to record store shelves and radio airwaves with January's acclaimed More Beautiful Than Silence EP, Somali-Canadian hip-hop star and activist K'NAAN has released the full-length follow-up to 2009 breakthrough set Troubadour. The artist's third studio album in total, Country, God or the Girl features 12 tracks' worth of original material, and comes preceded by reader-approved singles "Is Anybody Out There?", "Hurt Me Tomorrow" and "Nothing to Lose." The deluxe edition of the set includes three additional jams.Joining K'NAAN throughout the project are a pan-genre array of musical heavyweights, from Nas and will.i.am to Bono and Keith Richards, with production coming courtesy of such notable beatsmiths as Alex Da Kid, Brian West, Chuck Harmony, RedOneM and Ryan Tedder.
Written by richard on Oct 15, 2012
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soobax ft. MWafrica & M-1" (2008)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.