Fresh off making his return to record store shelves and radio airwaves with January's acclaimed More Beautiful Than Silence EP, Somali-Canadian hip-hop star and activist K'NAAN has released the full-length follow-up to 2009 breakthrough set Troubadour. The artist's third studio album in total, Country, God or the Girl features 12 tracks' worth of original material, and comes preceded by reader-approved singles "Is Anybody Out There?", "Hurt Me Tomorrow" and "Nothing to Lose." The deluxe edition of the set includes three additional jams.Joining K'NAAN throughout the project are a pan-genre array of musical heavyweights, from Nas and will.i.am to Bono and Keith Richards, with production coming courtesy of such notable beatsmiths as Alex Da Kid, Brian West, Chuck Harmony, RedOneM and Ryan Tedder.
Featured Songs From This Album
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soobax ft. MWafrica & M-1" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.