Toronto hip-hop fanatics are likely already acquainted with local emcee King Reign, whether through his work in Juno-nominated crew BrassMunk or his collaborations with the likes of Drake and Saukrates. The rapper insists, however, that it's only on his newly-released solo debut that listeners will finally meet the real him.
Sincere finds the headliner showcasing his realness and his storytelling abilities over the course of 12 original jams. Reader-approved singles "Killer," "Promo" and "Chemical Romance" offer a taste of the quality bars in store on the project, which sees Reign joined on the collaborative tip by DJ Grouch, Leila Dey, Noel Gourdin and Shi Wisdom. In addition to the artist's own production, Sincere features beats by Agile, Darp Malone, Gameboy, Rich Kidd and more.
Released July 14, for purchase on the artist's Bandcamp page, the LP can also be freely streamed here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on Jul 14, 2014
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.