Since King avriel burst onto the scene early this year, heads have been captivated by the Los Angeles-born singer/songwriter's talent for mixing powerful emotion with the razor-sharp analysis of a cultural studies scholar. So it's not actually much of a stretch to think of her first official project as an academic thesis.
The nine-track set comes on the heels of singles “Paranormal Paradigm,” “Caricatures” and “Judgment Day / valley Idols,” each of which were widely praised when featured in the Booth. In addition to boardwork from avriel and fellow Executive Producer Napoleon Lewis, it boasts beats by ATR, Fox & Mule The Internet, Hasan Insane, Oddisee, Sa'eed and more. No guest vocalists appear on the LP.
Thesis was released on Wednesday, July 31, for free streaming online, and will soon be made available for digital sale through iTunes.
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.