Since King avriel burst onto the scene early this year, heads have been captivated by the Los Angeles-born singer/songwriter's talent for mixing powerful emotion with the razor-sharp analysis of a cultural studies scholar. So it's not actually much of a stretch to think of her first official project as an academic thesis.
The nine-track set comes on the heels of singles “Paranormal Paradigm,” “Caricatures” and “Judgment Day / valley Idols,” each of which were widely praised when featured in the Booth. In addition to boardwork from avriel and fellow Executive Producer Napoleon Lewis, it boasts beats by ATR, Fox & Mule The Internet, Hasan Insane, Oddisee, Sa'eed and more. No guest vocalists appear on the LP.
Thesis was released on Wednesday, July 31, for free streaming online, and will soon be made available for digital sale through iTunes.
Written by richard on Aug 01, 2014
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.