Since King avriel burst onto the scene early this year, heads have been captivated by the Los Angeles-born singer/songwriter's talent for mixing powerful emotion with the razor-sharp analysis of a cultural studies scholar. So it's not actually much of a stretch to think of her first official project as an academic thesis.
The nine-track set comes on the heels of singles “Paranormal Paradigm,” “Caricatures” and “Judgment Day / valley Idols,” each of which were widely praised when featured in the Booth. In addition to boardwork from avriel and fellow Executive Producer Napoleon Lewis, it boasts beats by ATR, Fox & Mule The Internet, Hasan Insane, Oddisee, Sa'eed and more. No guest vocalists appear on the LP.
Thesis was released on Wednesday, July 31, for free streaming online, and will soon be made available for digital sale through iTunes.
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.