Since King avriel burst onto the scene early this year, heads have been captivated by the Los Angeles-born singer/songwriter's talent for mixing powerful emotion with the razor-sharp analysis of a cultural studies scholar. So it's not actually much of a stretch to think of her first official project as an academic thesis.
The nine-track set comes on the heels of singles “Paranormal Paradigm,” “Caricatures” and “Judgment Day / valley Idols,” each of which were widely praised when featured in the Booth. In addition to boardwork from avriel and fellow Executive Producer Napoleon Lewis, it boasts beats by ATR, Fox & Mule The Internet, Hasan Insane, Oddisee, Sa'eed and more. No guest vocalists appear on the LP.
Thesis was released on Wednesday, July 31, for free streaming online, and will soon be made available for digital sale through iTunes.
Written by richard on Aug 01, 2014
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.