Since King avriel burst onto the scene early this year, heads have been captivated by the Los Angeles-born singer/songwriter's talent for mixing powerful emotion with the razor-sharp analysis of a cultural studies scholar. So it's not actually much of a stretch to think of her first official project as an academic thesis.
The nine-track set comes on the heels of singles “Paranormal Paradigm,” “Caricatures” and “Judgment Day / valley Idols,” each of which were widely praised when featured in the Booth. In addition to boardwork from avriel and fellow Executive Producer Napoleon Lewis, it boasts beats by ATR, Fox & Mule The Internet, Hasan Insane, Oddisee, Sa'eed and more. No guest vocalists appear on the LP.
Thesis was released on Wednesday, July 31, for free streaming online, and will soon be made available for digital sale through iTunes.
Related Songs & Features
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.