Windy City crew Kids These Days are preparing for the free digital release of their debut studio album, Traphouse Rock. The project comprises 15 original records from the live-band hip-hop ensemble, made up of emcee Vic Mensa, vocalist Macie Stewart, bassist Lance Beckstrom, drummer Greg Landfair, trumpet player Nico Segal and trombone player J.P. Floyd. Included are singles "Don't Harsh My Mellow" (video out now), "Doo Wah" (video in progress) and "Bud Billiken." Kids These Days co-produce the entire album with Jeff Tweedy, frontman of local rock group Wilco, and Mario Caldato, Jr. mixes the project. Chance The Rapper makes the sole guest appearance.Four songs off the set, "[Instro]mental," "Don't Harsh My Mellow," "Wasting Time" and "Don't Blame Me (For You)," will be available for purchase on iTunes.
Stream Traphouse Rock
Related Songs & Features
They always say that the camera adds ten pounds, but after viewing the new Kids These Days video, and after seeing them live last week, I can safely say that the camera also takes away a couple of feet. On the band’s...
Last heard reworking Kanye West‘s Flashing Lights on a July promo cut of the same title, Windy City crew Kids These Days take inspiration from another local institution on the latest song release off their forthcoming...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)