Windy City crew Kids These Days are preparing for the free digital release of their debut studio album, Traphouse Rock. The project comprises 15 original records from the live-band hip-hop ensemble, made up of emcee Vic Mensa, vocalist Macie Stewart, bassist Lance Beckstrom, drummer Greg Landfair, trumpet player Nico Segal and trombone player J.P. Floyd. Included are singles "Don't Harsh My Mellow" (video out now), "Doo Wah" (video in progress) and "Bud Billiken." Kids These Days co-produce the entire album with Jeff Tweedy, frontman of local rock group Wilco, and Mario Caldato, Jr. mixes the project. Chance The Rapper makes the sole guest appearance.Four songs off the set, "[Instro]mental," "Don't Harsh My Mellow," "Wasting Time" and "Don't Blame Me (For You)," will be available for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on Oct 30, 2012
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.