Lead by legendary producer 9th Wonder, over the last few years Jamla Records has emerged as one of the dopest indie labels working. To prove it, the North Carolina label has released their new compilation album, Jamla is the Squad, featuring singles "Be Inspired," "No Competition" and "15 Minutes of Fame."
In addition to Jamla's full roster of artists, from Rapsody to GQ to Heather Victoria and everyone in between, Jamla is the Squad also comes complete with a barrage of guest features from the likes of BJ The Chicago Kid, Lecrae, Pete Rock, Phonte, Talib Kweli and more.
Jamla is the Squad is available for stream and direct purchase. For even more from 9th Wonder, Rapsody and company, listen to our Best of Jamla playlist.
Written by Nathan S. on Jan 28, 2014
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Competition" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.