April 22, 2014, a date that will go down in hip-hop history—at least, if Iggy Azalea has anything to do with it. That, of course, is when the Australian-born, ATL-based emcee unleashed her Island Def Jam debut album, The New Classic.
Popular pre-release singles "Impossible Is Nothing," "Bounce," "Work," "Change Your Life," and "Fancy," the latter three of which have official visual accompaniments, are just five of 12 original jams that appear on the set. The deluxe version features an additional three previously-unreleased cuts.
A number of heavyweight guests join Iggy throughout the LP, among them Charli XCX, Mavado, Rita Ora and T.I. Beats come courtesy of 1st Down, The Arcade, The Invisible Men, The Messengers, Reeva & Black and many more noteworthy producers.
Written by richard on Apr 22, 2014
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Think She Ready" (2012)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.