Up-and-coming Minneapolis rhymesayer Greg Grease bring listeners his latest street album, Cornbread, Pearl & G.
Named after 1975 black drama Cornbread Earl & Me and inspired by J. Dilla, Native Tongues and other Golden Age icons, the project finds the emcee expressing his love for his people, and painting a lyrical picture of the struggle, over the course of 16 original jams. Included is reader-approved lead single "C.R.E.A.M. Dreams." Joining Grease on the guest tip throughout Cornbread, Pearl & G are fellow Minneapolis representatives Lizzo, Proper-T, Meta, I.B.E., Ak Rite. The artist himself handles production duties, with help from Mike Swoop, Mike Frey and Musicians in Disguise.
Fans can also check out Greg Grease's previous albums: Greg Grease - Black King Cole EP
Written by richard on Dec 11, 2012
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rip Well" (2012)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.