In October of 2012, versatile recording artist Gary Clark Jr. released his major label debut, Blak and Blu. It is over the past 18 months, however, that the gifted Austin, TX native has really become a more household name.
Fresh of January's Grammy award win for "Best Traditional R&B Performance" (for the record "Please Come Home"), the Warner Bros. signee has joined forced with D-Nice to release a free mixtape version of his aforementioned inaugural body of work.
Featured on the nine-track tape is the previously-released, Booth-approved "Blak and Blu (Remix)," which features assistance from Big K.R.I.T.. Guest spots on the project belong to respected veterans Bilal and Talib Kweli, while Robert Glasper and K.R.I.T. each turn in remixed versions of original tracks from the album.
Stream Blak And Blu: The Mixtape
Related Songs & Features
It’s tough to improve on something like Gary Clark Jr.‘s larger than life Rock and Roll. Good thing tough doesn’t mean impossible. Just take a listen to an updated version of his Bright Lights single. Taken...
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Too Early" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.