Best known for flipping and recontextualizing others' beats and vocals, Girl Talk is going in a more traditional direction with his latest project. The Broken Ankles EP finds the Pittsburgh-based mash-up producer cooking up sampled instrumentals to back the street-certified bars of Philly neighbor and longtime Booth fave Freeway. It is Freeway's first release since 2012's Diamond in the Ruff, and Girl Talk's first since 2010's All Day.
Waka Flocka-assisted lead single "Tolerated," featured on our pages along with the blood-spattered official visuals, offers a taste of the turnt-up material in store on the six-track EP, which also boasts appearances by Jadakiss ("I Can Hear Sweat") and Young Chris. All boardwork, of course, comes courtesy of Girl Talk.
Stream Broken Ankles EP
Related Songs & Features
Freeway may call himself the Philly Freezer, but don’t expect to shiver while listening to his latest single. On the contrary, this cut is more likely to have you mopping perspiration from your brow. A thematically...
Girl Talk is best known for flipping and recontextualizing beats and vocals from pre-existing jams, but the producer’s trying something a little different—more traditional, in fact—with his next project. A...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward ft. Freeway" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.