In fall 2010, Donnis made his major-label debut with Booth-approved EP release Fashionably Late, a project documenting the artist's transformation from underground unknown to hip-hop buzzmaker on the cusp of success. While his stint at Atlantic turned out to be a non-starter, Donnis has lost none of his determination, nor his swagger, in the transition to respected indie Fool's Gold. As the title of his sophomore EP assures us, he's still Breaking Hundreds & Hearts.
Scheduled for release August 28, the seven-track project comes heralded by reader-approved singles "Hello Kitty" and "Absolutely." IAMSU! and Jay Ant make guest appearances throughout the set, which is produced entirely by God's Paparazzi.
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoke n' Drive ft. Big Sean, Donnis & Jackie Chain" (2009)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.