Triple threat (an emcee, deejay and producer) DJ Prince has come together with The DJBooth to release reggae-themed hip-hip project, the Test My Sound LP.
"As a DJ, I feel it’s our responsibility to expose as much new music as possible. New sounds with new styles, mixing different artists and genres together. As an MC, I would like to hear and see these new artists actually be an inspiration to someone instead of promoting follow fashion tactics. As a producer, I would like to hear less 808s, and more rattling baselines. This project is basically me boasting, telling everyone step their game up and bring your A game to the table," explains the New York native.
Included on the 14-track project, which displays a "commitment to the creation of timeless music," are previously-featured, Booth-approved selections "Shottas" and Skyzoo-assisted lead single, "False Alarm."
Prince's work takes center stage on the album, as it should, with guest features being limited to a handful of friends (see Sean Price and Smiff N Wessun). Additional production chops, however, are turned in from a bevy of talented collaborators, including !llmind, Berkawittz, Cyrus Tha Great, Eric G and Vaughn Garcia.
Stream Test My Sound LP
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.