Triple threat (an emcee, deejay and producer) DJ Prince has come together with The DJBooth to release reggae-themed hip-hip project, the Test My Sound LP.
"As a DJ, I feel it’s our responsibility to expose as much new music as possible. New sounds with new styles, mixing different artists and genres together. As an MC, I would like to hear and see these new artists actually be an inspiration to someone instead of promoting follow fashion tactics. As a producer, I would like to hear less 808s, and more rattling baselines. This project is basically me boasting, telling everyone step their game up and bring your A game to the table," explains the New York native.
Included on the 14-track project, which displays a "commitment to the creation of timeless music," are previously-featured, Booth-approved selections "Shottas" and Skyzoo-assisted lead single, "False Alarm."
Prince's work takes center stage on the album, as it should, with guest features being limited to a handful of friends (see Sean Price and Smiff N Wessun). Additional production chops, however, are turned in from a bevy of talented collaborators, including !llmind, Berkawittz, Cyrus Tha Great, Eric G and Vaughn Garcia.
Stream Test My Sound LP
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.