Triple threat (an emcee, deejay and producer) DJ Prince has come together with The DJBooth to release reggae-themed hip-hip project, the Test My Sound LP.
"As a DJ, I feel it’s our responsibility to expose as much new music as possible. New sounds with new styles, mixing different artists and genres together. As an MC, I would like to hear and see these new artists actually be an inspiration to someone instead of promoting follow fashion tactics. As a producer, I would like to hear less 808s, and more rattling baselines. This project is basically me boasting, telling everyone step their game up and bring your A game to the table," explains the New York native.
Included on the 14-track project, which displays a "commitment to the creation of timeless music," are previously-featured, Booth-approved selections "Shottas" and Skyzoo-assisted lead single, "False Alarm."
Prince's work takes center stage on the album, as it should, with guest features being limited to a handful of friends (see Sean Price and Smiff N Wessun). Additional production chops, however, are turned in from a bevy of talented collaborators, including !llmind, Berkawittz, Cyrus Tha Great, Eric G and Vaughn Garcia.
Written by DJ Z on May 13, 2014
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.