Five years and two names changes since his last solo project, Sean Combs (known currently as Diddy), is back with Press Play. The album on the whole is very well rounded and an entertaining listen. Nobody, including himself, thinks that Diddy is among the upper echelon of rapping talent in the industry. Some might argue that the excessive amount of guest features and top-notch producers makes this album a compilation, and not a Diddy solo project. The key difference between that consideration, and reality, is that Diddy has purposely brought along his friends to compliment …
DJBooth Album Review
Some might argue that the excessive amount of guest features and top-notch producers makes this album a compilation, and not a Diddy solo project. The key difference between that consideration, and reality, is that Diddy has purposely brought along his friends to compliment his style and turn average into great.
The most sensational angle of this product is the impressive list of chosen producers. How can DJs not love the crowd pleasing sounds of Havoc, Kanye West, Mario Winans, The Neptunes, Timbaland, and Will.I.Am? Go ahead and press play, you won't be disappointed.
DJBooth Rating - 3.5 Spins
Written by DJ Z on 10/21/06
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love ft. Nas & Cee-Lo" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.