Dee-1, the New Orleans rhymesayer who rose to acclaim on the strength of 2011's DJBooth-hosted I Hope They Hear Me, Vol. 2, has now unleashed that project's highly-anticipated follow-up.
Hosted by fellow N.O. native and industry vet Mannie Fresh, The Focus Tape comes heralded by reader-acclaimed singles "Pause the Music," "Never Clockin' Out (Remix)" (featuring Killer Mike), "The Very Best," "Master P" and "SUAG (Shut Up And Grind)." Guest features include, but are not limited to, Juvenile, Lecrae, Mos Def, MURS and tabi Bonney. Beats come courtesy of CKP Productions, DJ FU, Flight School, The MVP's and many more.
Fans can also check out Dee-1's previous albums: Dee-1 - I Hope They Hear Me (Vol. 2)
Written by richard on Oct 09, 2012
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay, 50 and Weezy" (2010)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.