Over the course of the 2000s and early 2010's, Kentucky's CunninLynguists have cemented their status as one of the most dynamic and hard-hitting acts on the underground scene. Now, they are adding another brick to their musical edifice with the release of Strange Journey (Volume Three), their sixth studio album. While it directly follows 2011's Oneirology, the LP serves as the official sequel to the trio's two 2009 Strange Journey mixtapes.
Pre-release singles "Beyond the Sun," "Castles" and "Drunk Dial," each of which dazzled readers when featured in the Booth, are just the beginning of the dopeness in store on the LP, which features a whopping 18 original cuts. An impressive array of heavyweight guests join Deacon the Villain, Natti and Kno throughout the set, among them Aesop Rock, Blu, Del The Funky Homosapien, Masta Ace and MURS. All production comes courtesy of Kno.
Strange Journey (Volume Three) is out now via APOS Music, and can be purchased via CunninLynguists' official site and freely streamed below.
Fans can also check out CunninLynguists's previous albums: CunninLynguists, The Grouch & Eligh - The WinterFire EP
Stream Strange Journey (Volume Three)
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Georgia (Remix) ft. Khujo Goodie & Killer Mike" (2009)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.