In 2011, The DJBooth introduced readers to Coolroy's Charlie, a introductory project from the once buzzing West Coast native.
Unfortunately, in the 30 months following the free release, Coolroy only appeared on our pages a total of two times. Part of the story is that the emcee became a father for the first time. The other, less glamorous part includes an addiction to molly, getting evicted from his home, becoming homeless, committing a series of crimes and contemplating suicide.
With the help of family, friends and peers in the music game, Coolroy changed the ending to his story. Hellbent on "finishing something for the first time in my life," the Los Angeles bred artist born Dominik C. Franklin has released nine. The project, which took two full years to create, features previously-released selection "I'm Fine." Guest appearances include Krayzie Bone and Jhené Aiko, while the album is produced in-full by David Manzoor.
Fans can also check out Coolroy's previous albums: Coolroy - Charlie
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.