When your single gets 9 million listens on Myspace and sits atop the Billboard charts for four...
DJBooth Album Review
Since she is signed to Bad Boy Records it would be safe to assume, before the album's release, that the disc would be filled with Diddy's signature 'spoken word' vocals in the background. None of that is found on her self-titled debut though and everyone should be thankful.
With single-ready production on most of the album's 11 tracks, a majority of the credit here needs to be given to Leslie. His ability to give the material a unique feel, unlike most current R&B, allows Cassie to shine in both a radio play and club-type atmosphere.
Cassie might not have as powerful a voice as Mariah Carey or the star-power similarities to that of Beyonce. Though on her debut album she shows that she can hang with the best of them. The album offers a solid listen from start to finish and DJs a plethora of club hits to choose from. The overplayed single Me & U has about forty ‘unofficial’ remixes to choose from and the catchy ‘Long Way to Go’ goes perfect with smoke and club lights.
DJBooth Rating - 3.5 Spins
Written by DJ Z on 08/20/06
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Somtimes ft. Ryan Leslie" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.