When he's not turning in his Two Weeks Notice, Paris-born and Queens-raised emcee Bas is busy releasing his major label release of his debut, Last Winter.
The first artist signed to J. Cole's Dreamville Records, who signed an exclusive label with Interscope Records earlier this year, Bas aims to keep his career fuse "Lit" at all times.
According to the artist, Last Winter is "a conceptual project about hoping to break away from tough times." An audible example can be found in the form of pre-release buzz record, "Charles de Gaulle To JFK," a record that highlights the stark difference between figuratively sitting in coach and enjoying the amenities of first class.
Guests on the album are limited to label boss Cole, Irvin Washington, KQuick and Mack Wilds, while production credits belong to Cedric Brown, GP808, Hottrak, Jay Kurzweil, Ogee Handz and more. Ron Gilmore served as the Executive Producer.
Stream Last Winter
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.