When he's not turning in his Two Weeks Notice, Paris-born and Queens-raised emcee Bas is busy releasing his major label release of his debut, Last Winter.
The first artist signed to J. Cole's Dreamville Records, who signed an exclusive label with Interscope Records earlier this year, Bas aims to keep his career fuse "Lit" at all times.
According to the artist, Last Winter is "a conceptual project about hoping to break away from tough times." An audible example can be found in the form of pre-release buzz record, "Charles de Gaulle To JFK," a record that highlights the stark difference between figuratively sitting in coach and enjoying the amenities of first class.
Guests on the album are limited to label boss Cole, Irvin Washington, KQuick and Mack Wilds, while production credits belong to Cedric Brown, GP808, Hottrak, Jay Kurzweil, Ogee Handz and more. Ron Gilmore served as the Executive Producer.
Stream Last Winter
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.