The title of Aminé's new EP, En Vogue, may be French for "in style," but don't get it twisted; the buzzmaking singer/songwriter isn't interested in following trends. With regard to the project, he states, "This EP is meant to speak to what's going on in the current culture, the fads and standards society expects from us. En Vogue is basically saying fuck that and do you."
The set finds the former Infinite Records signee showcasing his bold, unconventional take on life and music over the course of seven brand new tracks. It comes on the heels of single "Get Down," which won widespread acclaim in the Booth. Emily Libera, Muna and Neka make guest appearances throughout the EP, which features beats by Brandon Combs, Irvin Meija and Jahosh Hickman.
En Vogue is available for purchase via iTunes. A stream was available, but Infinit Records LLC has requested that it be removed.
Written by richard on Sep 02, 2014
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.